Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Thought -- October 17, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

“But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.  My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.  I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.  Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.  Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.” (Psalm 71:14-18)

The Psalmist told others about what God had done for him.  He was taught to do it as a youth and he intended to continue even when he was old and gray.  All of his life he told others about what God had done.

He wanted his own generation to know and he longed to tell the next generation, too.  He didn’t want the worship of God to die with him and those of his generation, he longed to see it passed on from generation to generation.

The Lord has entrusted that same responsibility to us.  No matter how young we are, we are not too young to begin telling others of His love and grace.  No matter how old we are, we are not at “retirement” age.  We are not past the time when we are expected to be involved in telling others.  From youth to old age, God would have us be involved in telling others of Him.  We are to tell our own generation and the next generation so that His message continues through the years.

The Psalmist knew God’s salvation, His righteousness, His mighty acts, His marvelous deeds, His power, and he told others.  We know those same things and have the same privilege and responsibility to tell others.

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment