Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Thought -- October 9, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

Do you ever feel like your prayers are not getting through to God?  Do you feel like He isn’t listening?  David felt that same way at times.

“Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me.  My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught.” (Psalm 55:1-2)

But David didn’t give up praying despite the fact that sometimes it didn’t seem like his prayers were getting through to God.  Eventually it became apparent that God was listening.

“But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.  Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.” (Psalm 55:16-17)

Here was David’s conclusion:  “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.  ...  But as for me, I trust in you.” (Psalm 55:22-23)

It doesn’t always seem like God is listening and doesn’t always look like God is answering.  But He does care and He can be trusted.  It is a matter of trust -- a matter of faith.

Even when it seems like your prayers are not making it past the clouds, keep praying.  Trust that God is listening.  In the end, it will be clear that He was!

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment