Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Thought -- October 12, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

Sometimes David’s psalms challenge me and cause me to examine how my own relationship with God compares to his.  Does my relationship with God have the same intensity that David’s had?  Do I have the same kind of experience with God that David had?

“O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.  I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.  Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.  My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.  On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.  Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.  My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.” (Psalm 63:1-8)

Do you earnestly seek God as though you were dying of thirst?

Have you seen His power and glory in worship?

Do you sincerely believe His love is better than life?

Are you free enough in worship to lift your hands to Him?

Does God satisfy your soul?

Do you sing to God?  Not just follow the order of worship, but really sing to Him?

When you wake in the night are your thoughts of Him?

Do you cling to Him as though life would not be worth living without Him?

I’m not there yet, but I long for a relationship like that with God.  I’m committed to doing those things that will help move me more and more toward the kind of relationship with God that David experienced and that God wants for me, too.  Are you?

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment