Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Thought -- October 23, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

“But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me.  So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices.  If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!” (Psalm 81:11-14)

God is looking for a people who will listen to Him and walk according to His direction.

Israel failed in that.  They were rebellious.  They heard the direction God gave and they chose to follow their own way instead.  They were stubborn.  When God disciplined them to bring them back to Him it took them a long time, often multiple generations, to pay attention and turn back.

The sad truth is that it was to Israel’s harm that they chose not to follow God.  If only they had listened to God they would have found even greater blessings from Him.  God’s direction was not arbitrary.  His will was not harmful to His people.

How much like Israel are Christians today?  God is still looking for a people who will listen to Him and walk in His direction.  Like Israel, are we rebellious?  Like Israel, do we chose to ignore God’s direction and follow our own?  Like Israel, are we stubborn, even in the face of God’s discipline?  Are you rebellious and stubborn before God?

When will we learn that God’s direction and will are not for our harm, but for our good?  When will we learn that greater blessings await us when we listen to Him?

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment