Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Thought -- September 19, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

“Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.  Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit.  When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.  For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Selah   Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the LORD’ -- and you forgave the guilt of my sin.” (Psalm 32:1-5)

What do you do with your sin?

Hide it?  When you hide your sin, or try to, it eats at your spirit and the rest of you, too.  Guilt is a horrible stressor.  It affects every aspect of our body, even our health.  It did for David when he tried to hide his guilt, and it still works the same in us, too.

Confess it?  When you confess your sin, God wipes the slate clean.  To confess means to say the same thing about our sin that God says.  It is only as we own our sin that God removes its effects from us.

John wrote, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

You can try hide your sin -- but it will only cause you problems and God knows about your sin anyway.  OR  You can confess your sin -- and God will wipe the slate clean!

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment