Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Thought -- September 7, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

David was pursued by Saul who sought to take his life.  But God intervened and rescued David.  God delivered him from the hand of Saul.  And so David wrote:

“I love you, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.” (Psalm 18:1-3)

David had opportunities to take matters into his own hands and kill Saul, but David chose instead to leave the matter to God, to trust Him.  And God dealt with Saul in His time and His own way.

But life doesn’t always work out like it did for David.  There was a period of distress, but it was short-lived.  In the end David triumphed and Saul was defeated.  But sometimes it seems that the good are defeated and evil triumphs.

But it will not always be so.  You can count on it.  In the end, God will deliver those who follow Him.  In the end, justice will prevail.  We have all eternity to see the truth of that.

David saw justice in his own lifetime.  We may not see it in ours, but we will see it.  Count on it.  Trust Him for it.

“As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless.” (Psalm 18:30)

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment