Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Thought -- September 25, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

“Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.  Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.  Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret -- it leads only to evil.” (Psalm 37:3-8)

Trust in the Lord.

Delight in the Lord.

Commit your way to the Lord.

Be still before the Lord.

It sounds easy when David writes this advice, but doing these things is among the most difficult of things to do.

I know I ought to trust in Lord, but I often take matters into my own hands because I am not sure God will take care of things in the way I want.

I want to delight in the Lord, but I’m selfish, too.  I often find myself delighting in my own selfish desires, not in Him.

I should commit my way to the Lord, but too frequently I don’t.  I plot and scheme to get my way.

Be still before the Lord.  Sounds good, but I’m too busy for that.  There’s too much to do, too many things to try to accomplish to wait patiently for the Lord.  God doesn’t always seem to be on the same timetable that I am.

Each of those bits of advice from David requires discipline and an intentional effort from me.  I need to try again.  How about you?

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment