Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Thought -- September 17, 2012



Good Morning Friends,

“The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1)

I was thinking about my worst nightmare the other day.  It is the thing that I most fear.  It is the thing that would be more devastating than any other thing I can imagine.  Perhaps you know what your worst nightmare would be, too.

David said I don’t have to fear my worst nightmare.  No matter how bad it might be, God would still be there with me and God would see me through it.  That certainly doesn’t mean it would be fun or enjoyable, but the fortress built by God is strong enough to endure it!  To me, that’s greatly comforting!

I have experienced God’s presence and His strength through the nightmares I’ve had to face.  His promise to be a stronghold for me has proven true.

“One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.” (Psalm 27:4)

I know my worst nightmare and I also know my favorite dream.  My favorite dream is to be with the Lord.  There is nothing that would compare with that.  If I could make only one request of God that would be my request, to be with Him.  There is nothing I seek more than that.  There could be nothing better than that.

I can trust God with my worst nightmare.  He’s already made provision to grant my favorite dream!  Wow!

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment