Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thursday Thought -- November 6, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

It seems like Jesus was trying to tell His followers something, perhaps you can pick up His meaning!

“If you love me, you will obey what I command.” (John 14:15)

“Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” (John 14:21)

“Jesus replied, ‘If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.’” (John 14:23-24)

It seems pretty clear that Jesus was trying to connect love and obedience. Obedience is one way in which we show our love for the Lord. In fact, you cannot show love for Him without obedience.

One more verse just a few after the last one, “The world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.” (John 14:31)

Even Jesus showed His love for the Father through His obedience to His commands.

How much do you love God? Are you showing it by being obedient?

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment