Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Thought -- November 10, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” (John 15:12-15)

I’m not sure you can find a much more glorious passage anywhere in the Bible than this one. For myself, I might lay claim to any number of titles that describe my relationship with Jesus Christ: follower, disciple, servant, one who is loved by Him, one who loves Him, devotee, worshiper, and you can probably add others.

I would never have thought to claim the title that Jesus gives us in this verse. I would never have thought that I would have any right to lay claim to it. It is beyond my wildest imaginations to be called “friend” by Jesus. That is what He calls us, “You are my friends.”

We are not just servants to do His bidding. We are not just worshipers from whom He receives praise. We are not just followers who imitate His example. We are His friends.

To me, that says He not only loves me, He enjoys me. He not only wants me to follow Him, He just wants me to be with Him.

I can’t think of a better Friend to have than Jesus. I can’t think of anyone whose friend I’d rather be. That is the relationship into which He has invited you and me.

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment