Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wednesday Thought -- May 6, 2015

Good Morning Friends,

“I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.  Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.” (Philippians  1:20-26)

Life or death, it didn’t make a difference to Paul. He could face either with equal peace and confidence.

Life meant serving Christ. It meant helping others come to know Him and grow in Him.

Death meant being with Christ. It meant enjoying being in His presence for eternity.

The choice was a hard one for Paul. Death would be better for him. Life would allow him to help others more.

The choice wasn’t Paul’s anyway! It was the Lord’s and Paul was willing for Him to choose either course for him. Life, serving Christ or death, being with Christ. Both revolved around Christ, so both could be faced with peace and confidence.

Are you facing life with peace and confidence? Could you face death with peace and confidence?

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment