Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thursday Thought -- May 14, 2015

Good Morning Friends,

“I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. I hope, therefore, to send him as soon as I see how things go with me.” (Philippians 2:19-23)

When Paul looked into Timothy’s life the characteristic that set him apart from all others was his unselfishness. Timothy’s concern was not what he needed, but how he could serve the Lord and others.

What a marvelous tribute to this young man. What a marvelous example he provides for us!

Timothy took a genuine interest in others. When he asked “how’s it going?” He was really interested in the answer he received. It wasn’t just saying the expected thing. When he offered his help, he truly wanted to help, he wasn’t just being polite. He genuinely cared about others and truly wanted to serve them.

The key to Timothy’s character was that he put the interests of the Lord first in his life.

I know in my own life there is still a great deal of selfishness. No matter how pure I try to make my motives there is still a concern for how what I’m doing will affect me. Timothy provides a good challenge for me. There’s still work that the Lord would like to do in my life in this area.

How about yours?

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment