Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Thought -- February 2, 2015

Good Morning Friends,

“He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.” (Proverbs 28:13-14)

God is looking for honest and open hearts before Him. Like his father, David, Solomon learned this lesson the hard way. I think we all do! We try to hide our sin from others, even from the Lord. We think if we hide it that we’ll get away with it and it will do us no harm. How foolish!

Guilt gnaws at our spirits and makes us miserable. Sin interferes with our relationship with God. Sin keeps us from experiences God’s fullest blessings on our lives. God knows our sin -- and so do we. Trying to hide our sin from God just complicates our problems.

But when we own our sin and acknowledge it honestly to the Lord, God is quick to forgive and wipe the slate clean. He wants to forgive, it is in His very nature. No matter how grievous the sin, God’s forgiveness waits only for our confession of it.

David expressed this same truth from his own experience: “Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.” (Psalm 32:2-4)

When he tried to hide his sin there was misery for him. Confession brought quick forgiveness from the Lord, “Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the LORD’ -- and you forgave the guilt of my sin.” (Psalm 32:5)

Follow Solomon’s and David’s advice -- keep a short account with the Lord. As soon as you are aware of your sin, confess it to the Lord. You, too, will find His forgiveness quick and sure. Hide your sin and you’ll find only misery!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment