Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday Thought -- June 1, 2015

Good Morning Friends,

“I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:10-13)

Contentment doesn’t come naturally. Paul said he had to learn it. I’m not sure how he learned it, but it probably had something to do with experiencing going without and finding out that he could live through it and learning to trust the Lord in the midst of it.

Contentment doesn’t require plenty. Paul learned to be content in plenty and in need. Contentment is not based upon how much you have, but about your attitude toward what you have.

Knowing Christ doesn’t guarantee that all your needs and desires will be met, that you will live in prosperity. Paul lived in prosperity sometimes and sometimes he lived in deep need. He knew what it was like even to go hungry.

Here was Paul’s bottom-line: it’s not so much what you are going through, it is Who you are going through it with! Paul had learned to handle any situation, because he had learned to rely upon Christ. Christ’s presence was enough to make every kind of situation bearable.

No matter what kind of situation you are in right now: in plenty or in need, hurting or feeling good, with a great job or unemployed, healthy or sick, or whatever your situation, lean on Christ, rely on Him, trust Him. That’s where we’ll find contentment!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment