Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday Thought -- December 11, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

“My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:2-3)

There is a tremendous amount of wisdom and knowledge in this world. None of us can keep up with the exponential growth of the things that are known. I’m astounded when I stop to think about what is known and done today that wasn’t even imagined 30 years ago. I wonder what kind of wisdom and knowledge will open up in the next 30 years that we don’t even imagine today.

I know people who are incredibly smart. I am humbled by their brilliance and can’t even begin to keep up with what they know.

But here’s the truth that Paul declares to the Colossians – complete understanding of life is not about the amount of wisdom and knowledge that is gained in this world. Complete understanding of life is wrapped up in God’s gift to us – Jesus.

Life is really not about the amount of knowledge that a person can accumulate. It’s not about what we know. Instead, it’s about Who we know. God offers us the opportunity to know Him, through Jesus.

At the end of my life I may have lagged far behind the wisdom and knowledge of this world. I already feel as though I am losing ground. In Jesus, I’ll know everything that truly matters!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment