Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Thought -- August 25, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.” (Isaiah 43:18-21)

It is easy to dwell in the past and many of us do that. We rehearse our own mistakes and continue to beat ourselves up for them. We review our sins and continue to carry guilt because of them. I can remember things I did in grade school and cringe in shame because of them. The past haunts us.

But it doesn’t need to. Our past was a desert, a wasteland, a place with no life. But God has transformed us. He has taken our wasteland and made it into a paradise. He has brought His life-giving presence into our desert of death.

It is a new thing, and God has done it in our lives! God has done it for us because we are His people and He loves us. God has done it for us so that we would continually offer Him praise.

Don’t dwell on your past, on your mistakes and sins. They’ve been dealt with and forgiven! Instead, dwell on the One who has dealt with them. Dwell on the Lord. Give Him praise! Remember not your sins, remember instead your forgiveness! Remember not your life of emptiness and death, remember your life of purpose, joy, peace, and life!

Give Him praise!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment