Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Thought -- August 18, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

“All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the LORD blows on them. Surely the people are grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.” (Isaiah 40:6-8)

The life span of a man on earth is so brief. The older I get, the more apparent that becomes to me. Life moves so quickly. It seems like it was such a short time ago that I graduated from high school and now my children have graduated and in another year my oldest grandchild will start high school. Life goes by so quickly.

To some extent I can delay the ravages of age. Face lifts and tummy tucks could help to preserve my body and give it the appearance of being younger than it is. If I was a woman I could get away with makeup to cover some of my wrinkles and blemishes. But the truth is that any of the efforts I put into delaying the aging process will make only a slight difference. Time marches on without stopping. Soon, perhaps very soon, my body will be done with its time here.

That’s not meant to be discouraging, only challenging. There are things that time will not cause to fade or disappear. The Word of God will continue for eternity. It’s been having its impact on people’s lives for thousands of years already and that impact will continue as long as men are on earth! My spiritual life will not fade with time, either. How I grow spiritually in these short years of earthly life will go on through eternity. And the same is true of the spiritual lives of others.

There are some things we can focus our lives on that will not be ravaged by time. They seem like good things to put at the top of our priority list!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment