Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Thought -- February 17, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

“This is what the LORD says: ‘For three sins of Damascus, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].’” (Amos 1:3)

“This is what the LORD says: ‘For three sins of Gaza, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].’” (Amos 1:6)

“This is what the LORD says: ‘For three sins of Tyre, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].’” (Amos 1:9)

“This is what the LORD says: ‘For three sins of Edom, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].’” (Amos 1:11)

“This is what the LORD says: ‘For three sins of Ammon, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].’” (Amos 1:13)

“This is what the LORD says: ‘For three sins of Moab, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].’” (Amos 2:1)

“This is what the LORD says: ‘For three sins of Judah, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].’” (Amos 2:4)

“This is what the LORD says: ‘For three sins of Israel, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath].’” (Amos 2:6)

Do you get the point?

It’s easy to focus on God’s grace and God is full of grace. He longs to see people come to Him and be saved. He doesn’t want anyone to perish. He wants everyone to be saved. He is patient with people, waiting for them to respond.

But God’s patience will run out. It did for each of the nations Amos mentioned and judgment came upon them. God’s patience will run out for the world, too. Judgment will come upon the world and sin will be fully punished.

Love for God is the primary motivation to get your life right with Him. Love for men is the primary motivation to share the Gospel with them.  ut judgment is a motivation for both, too. Judgment is coming!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment