Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday Thought -- November 6, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

“I will be careful to lead a blameless life -- when will you come to me?  I will walk in my house with blameless heart.  I will set before my eyes no vile thing.  The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.  Men of perverse heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with evil.  Whoever slanders his neighbor in secret, him will I put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, him will I not endure.” (Psalm 101:2-5)

There are difficult exhortations in this passage.  We all struggle with one or more of them, probably most of them!

To walk with a blameless heart in my house – our own home is probably the most difficult place to do it.  Among those who know us best, we are often at our worst.
  
No vile thing before our eyes.  If we watch T.V. or movies we struggle a lot with that one.  Most everything we watch seems to contain vile things.

Have nothing to do with evil.  But evil is all around us.

Silence the one who slanders.  But slander is so much fun to listen to!

We struggle with all of these things.  Yet, they are what God desires from us.  A blameless life, He is worth it, but it is more than I can give.

Thank God for forgiveness and grace, but don’t give up the struggle, either.

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment