Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Thought -- November 19, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the entire Bible with 176 verses.  There is a section for each letter of the Hebrew alphabet.  From beginning to end it focuses on one theme:  the importance of God’s Word.  For the Psalmist, the Word was essential to spiritual life and health.  I’m sure we’d say the same thing.  But would the way we use the Word demonstrate how important it is to us, or would it show how hypocritical we are?

“I have hidden your word in my heart that I might now sin against you.” (Psalm 119:11)

“Open my eyes that I may see the wonderful things in your law.” (Psalm 119:18)

“My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.” (Psalm 119:28)

“Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.” (Psalm 119:89)

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105)

“The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.” (Psalm 119:130)

“All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.” (Psalm 119:160)

“Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.” (Psalm 119:165)

What a gift God has given us in His Word!  What a waste when we don’t use it!

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment