Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tuesday Thought – December 6, 2016


Good Morning Friends,



“Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me.” (1 Corinthians 9:16-17)



What compelled Paul to preach?



“Christ’s love compels us.” (2 Corinthians 5:14) Paul saw the great need of those who did not know Jesus and he was compelled to offer the Gospel to them.



He was also compelled by the call of God on his life. God had chosen him to be the apostle to the Gentiles, chosen him to preach the Gospel to them.



Those same two motivations should be at work in all of us. The love that Christ has for the world that sent Him to the cross should be in us, too. We should see the lost condition of the people around us and be compelled to share with them the hope in Christ that we have.



The call of God is also on our lives. We have not all been called to be apostles -- none of us has in this day. We have not all been called to travel the world sharing the Gospel. But we have all been called to be God’s ambassadors, His messengers of the Gospel. That call should compel us to share when God provides the opportunity for us to do it.



His, by Grace, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment