Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Thought – May 20, 2016


Good Morning Friends,



“This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD: ‘Go to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.’ So I went to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. The pot he was shaping from clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. The word of the LORD came to me: ‘O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does? Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.’” (Jeremiah 18:1-6)



Israel was like clay in the hands of the Potter. God wanted to mold them into what He wanted and use them for what He wanted to use them for. Israel wasn’t always willing. It seems as though Israel wasn’t often willing! They had their own ideas about what they wanted to do. They didn’t want anyone else to shape them, not even the Lord. They went their own way and suffered the consequences.



God still desires to use His children in the way He chooses and make them what He desires them to be. Some He molds to be preachers, some He molds to be singers, some He molds to be administrators and some He molds to be servers. Some He wants to use to show how to handle success with faith. Some He wants to use to show how to handle failure with faith. Some He wants to use in health. Some He wants to use in sickness. Some He wants to use through a long life. Some He wants to use in a few short years of life. Each is important to God because each accomplishes a piece that fits His plan.



Sometimes I don’t like the way God wants to use me. Sometimes I don’t like the molding process He takes me through to make me what He wants me to be. But -- He is the Potter and I am the clay!



His, by Grace, Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment