Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wednesday Thought -- August 19, 2015u

Good Morning Friends,

"Moses said, ‘Now show me your glory.’ And the Lord said, ‘I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and compassion on whom I will have compassion. But,’ he said, ‘you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.’ Then the Lord said, ‘There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.’” (Exodus 33:18-23)



Moses had one of the closest and most intimate relationships with the Lord ever recorded. A few verses earlier in this chapter it says, “The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.” (Exodus 33:11) There are several interactions between Moses and God that demonstrate the intimacy of their relationship. Moses was willing to stand up to God, boldly challenging what God had planned to do. Moses knew God well and held nothing back from Him.



There was still much of God that Moses could never experience. Moses asks to see God’s glory. God gives Moses a glimpse just of the tail end of His glory. To experience the fullness of God’s glory would have been too much for Moses. If God had shown Moses all of His glory Moses would have died. God’s glory is too much for any human to be able to take in.



God reveals as much of Himself to us as we want and are capable of knowing. We’re in for amazing revelations about God in eternity. You think God is great now – wait until you see the fullness of His greatness! You think God is glorious now – wait till you see the fullness of His glory! You think God’s love is astounding – you’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg of God’s love! There is so much about God that we do not yet know. But there will come a day when we will, “know fully.” (1 Corinthians 13:12)



What we already know of God is wonderful, even overwhelming – we ain’t seen nothing yet!



His, by Grace, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment