Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tuesday Thought – August 18, 2015

Good Morning Friends,

It was time for Israel to move from Mt. Sinai and toward the land of Canaan which God has promised to give to them. Because of the sin of the people in worshiping in the golden calf, God had told Moses that although the people were to go toward Canaan, He might not go with them. Moses appealed to God not to send them alone.

God renewed His promise to go with Moses and the people of Israel. “The Lord replied, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.’” (Exodus 33:14)

“Then Moses said to him, ‘If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?’” (Exodus 33:15-16)

Moses’ conclusion was that if God didn’t go with him and with Israel, then he didn’t want to go. Without God’s presence, no blessing would be worth having. Without God’s presence, Moses wouldn’t know what was right and what was wrong. Without God’s presence, Moses would be living in fear of those around him.

Consider where you would be today if God was not with you.

You’d be groping around like a blind man in the dark without a clue what direction was the right one for your life.

You would be forced to live without security, with no reliable power to trust with the problems you face today or the uncertainties of tomorrow.

You’d be alone, because God is the one companion who is always with us.

You’d be lost!

I usually take God’s presence for granted. He’s always there and always has been for me. Although there have been many times in my life when I’ve ignored His presence, I always knew I could turn to Him if I needed Him.

Today, reflect on how much God’s presence means to you and thank God that He’s there, always has been and always will be!


His, by Grace, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment