Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wednesday Thought -- April 29, 2015

Good Morning Friends,

“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6-8)

Two things stand out in this passage that speak about Paul’s leadership:

First, the depth of his commitment to the Philippians. “I have you in my heart.” “I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.” Those phrases speak of a deep love for and commitment to the people he led and felt responsible for. Paul’s leadership did not come just out of a sense of obligation, it came out of a deep desire to help those he led. That’s the best kind of leadership.

Second, the strength of his confidence in the Philippians. There was no fear in Paul that they would turn away from him or what he taught. Instead, there was a confidence, not in the Philippians, but in God who was at work in them. God’s work in them could be counted on. That’s true in your life, too! God has begun a work in you and God will continue that work until the very end. He’ll never desert you and never let you go. Count on it!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment