Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday Thought -- October 21, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” (John 10:27-30)

There is security in following Jesus. His promise is that no one can take us away from Him. That is a promise that is backed by all the power of God. We are safely protected for all eternity in the hand of God.

I’m not sure how that makes you feel, but it makes me feel settled and secure. As I look around the world, there is a great deal that is unsettling. The political scene is unsettling, who knows what is going to happen in the weeks and months ahead. The economic scene is unsettling, the stock market jumps up and down with frequency and in extremes. The military scene is unsettling, with war raging and terrorists clamoring for attention with more and more hideous acts of violence. Disease and disaster strike with so often and with such force. Life in this world is unsettling.

There is not much in this world that offers security. But I know the One who holds me in His hand is strong enough to overcome the world, He already has. He is strong enough to defeat any foe, the worst has already been brought down. He is wise enough to see the schemes of the enemy well before they happen and move to thwart them.

He is holding me in His hand. The whole world may be unsettled. The whole world may fall apart. But I’ll still be held safely and securely in the hand of God. Now that’s a settling thought!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment