Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday Thought -- July 1, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

“And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.” (2 Timothy 1:11-12)

I’ve made a choice to trust Jesus Christ. That’s a very big deal because what I’ve trusted Him with is the most important thing imaginable. I’ve made a choice to trust Jesus Christ with my eternity!

It’s not a blind trust. There are many reasons I can point to for trusting Jesus. The historical records are powerful evidence that Jesus lived and taught and worked miracles and died and rose again. No one has been able to explain away the empty tomb. It stands as a convincing testimony that death could not keep hold of Jesus, that He truly was and is the Son of God. And the testimonies of the lives He has changed, from New Testament days clear through to the present, they give confidence to the trust I’ve placed in Him.

However, though it is not a blind trust, it is still trust! I can’t see the result of my trust. I can’t look into the future and know from my own experience that it’s true. I can’t talk with those who are going through death and hear of what they’ve found on the other side. It’s a trust.

And I’ve chosen to trust Jesus Christ with more than just my eternity. I have chosen to trust Him with my life from now till then. I choose to follow His instructions for life. I choose to follow His teaching about relationships. I choose His ordering of my priorities. I choose to follow Him now, making His will the most important pursuit of my life.

I’ve chosen to trust Jesus Christ -- and I’m convinced I’ve made the right choice!

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment