Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Thought -- July 14, 2014

Good Morning Friends,

“Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, ‘See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.’ Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” (Isaiah 6:6-8)

Isaiah saw the Lord in His majesty and holiness and he saw himself in his sinfulness. When he did, two things happened:

God took away Isaiah’s guilt, He covered Isaiah’s sin.

Isaiah made himself available for God’s use.

That is a pattern that is common in the Bible. When we acknowledge our guilt, God takes it away. God doesn’t make us wallow in guilt. He doesn’t wait until we’ve made a sufficient effort to pay off our guilt. He only waits for us to acknowledge it and then He takes it away.

That was David’s experience: “When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.” (Psalm 32:3) As long as he tried to hide his sin, it stayed with him and had a negative effect on him and on his relationship with the Lord. “Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the LORD’ -- and you forgave the guilt of my sin.” (Psalm 32:5) When he admitted his sin, God took it away and his relationship with God was fully restored.

That is the promise of John, too. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

Hide your sin and it will continue to impact your life, the guilt will continue to eat at you and there will be a hindrance in your relationship with God. Acknowledge your sin to God and it will be gone!

Of course, that is based upon already having a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. In Him, we don’t need to hang on to our guilt!

His, by Grace,


Steve 

No comments:

Post a Comment