Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday Thought -- December 6, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

I guess David must have had the same problem I do.  Here was his prayer:

“Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.” (Psalm 141:3)

Words seem to get out of my mouth so quickly, before I even realize what I’m saying!  Maybe you have that same problem.  I need to be constantly reminded of the biblical admonitions about what I say.

Paul said, “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” (Ephesians 4:29)

James knew how inconsistent we are with what we say, “With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness.” (James 3:9)

The only hope I have is to appeal to God for help.  I can’t control my tongue myself.  I’ve tried and it doesn’t work.  I need God’s help.  Maybe you need to join me in praying David’s prayer:

“Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.” (Psalm 141:3)

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment