Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Thought -- December 7, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

Life doesn’t always go the way I would like for it to.  Circumstances turn out differently than I plan.  People treat me unfairly, at least from my perspective they do.  Sometimes, even my own body turns against me and brings pain and weakness.

I feel like complaining.  I feel like letting someone know how unfair life is being to me.  I need to get what I’m feeling off my chest.  But to whom should I complain?  If I complain to those closest to me it can create more problems.  In fact, the Bible says not to complain at all:  “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation.” (Philippians 2:14-15)

But there is one place where I can take my complaints.  There is Someone who will listen, understand, not be offended, and help me work through what I’m feeling.  It was to Him that David took his complaints:  “I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble.” (Psalm 142:2)

Life wasn’t fair for David at the time he wrote this.  He was hiding from King Saul in a cave.  Saul was pursuing David, trying to find him and kill him, to get rid of a rival for the throne.  It wasn’t right.  David had done nothing to try to take the throne from Saul.  It wasn’t fair.  It certainly wasn’t what David planned.

And David told that to God.  He brought his complaints to Him.  You can too!  He’ll listen, understand, not be offended, and help you work through what you’re feeling.

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment