Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Thought -- August 27, 2012


Good Morning Friends,

I appreciate the honesty of the Psalms.  In them you can see when David was angry with God because it did not seem like God was hearing him or doing anything to help him.  And you can also see David’s trust in God.  See the contrast in these two passages that David wrote:

“Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.  How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame?  How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?  Selah” (Psalm 4:1-2)

“The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.” (Psalm 9:9-10)

David had not learned to trust God because everything in his life was good.  Often, he was oppressed by those around him and seemingly abandoned by God.  There are psalms that reflect great distress in David’s life.

Be honest with God, He already knows what you are feeling anyway.  In the end, even through the times of oppression and distress, you will see God’s hand, His care for you and learn to trust Him.

His, by grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment