Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wednesday Thought -- March 28, 2012

Good Morning Friends,

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

For those who think they have no needs, Jesus doesn’t offer much.  It’s not that He’s not willing to help, but that the first step to receiving His help is to recognize that you need it.  To those who know they have deep needs, Jesus comes to their aid.

The Jews carried a heavy burden, trying to keep a Law that could not be kept.  There were those who thought they were doing a good job of keeping it.  They were deluded, of course, and blind to their need.  Those who knew they were not being successful in keeping the Law were ripe for Jesus’ help.  He offered, and still offers, rest for the weary, the release from the burden of law-keeping.  He’s already fulfilled the Law for us.

When you think you are doing O.K., that’s the very time at which you are furthest from God.  When you recognize the depth of your own need, that’s the time you are nearest to Him.

The hymn-writer declared, “I need Thee, O I need Thee, every hour I need Thee.”  I do!  So do you!  Realize it and reach out to Him and you’ll find Him right there for you.

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment