Sunday, March 25, 2012

Monday Thought -- March 26, 2012

Good Morning Friends,

Jesus sent out His disciples to share His message with others.  Before He sent them out, He gave them encouragement, instruction, and warning.  Here are just a few of His words to them, and they are valuable for us, too!

“Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:8)  Don’t withhold the Gospel, sharing it only sparingly.  Give it away freely to all who will listen.

”I am sending you out like sheep among wolves.  Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.” (Matthew 10:16)  Share the message with all of the intelligence you have and with deliberate planning.  Guard the purity of your heart and life, no matter how well you share the message, people will not listen if what they see in you contradicts it.

“All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 10:22)  It would be great if everyone would love you because of the message you are sharing, but it won’t be that way.  In fact, many will turn against you because you follow Him.

“It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master.” (Matthew 10:25)  In all you do, strive to be like Jesus, follow His example.

“And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.  Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.  But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.” (Matthew 10:30-33)  Although it will not be easy to share the message, God will take care of you.  He sees what is happening in your life, and He loves you.  Don’t be afraid to stand with Him, for He is standing firm with you!

“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.  Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:37-39)  There are many things a person can give his or her life to.  None of them compare in value to Him!

God is sending us into the world, even as Jesus sent His disciples.  We have a message worth sharing.

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment