Monday, December 12, 2011

Tuesday Thought -- December 13, 2011

Good Morning Friends,

“The word of the LORD came to me, saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.’  ‘Ah, Sovereign LORD,’ I said, ‘I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.’  But the LORD said to me, ‘Do not say, “I am only a child.”  You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.  Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,’ declares the LORD.” (Jeremiah 1:4-8)

All of us can find reasons to say “no” to what God is calling us to do.  For Jeremiah, it was his youthfulness.  There were so many people around him who were more mature, who seemed better fitted for what God wanted done.  Why would anyone listen to one so young?

But those things did not matter to God.  He had chosen Jeremiah, and He knew what He was doing.  God knew why He had chosen such a young man.  God knew the assignment was not a short one, it would require many years of faithful and difficult service.  God chose the man He needed!

The foundational encouragement that God provided Jeremiah was that if He had chosen Him, He would be with Him and empower Him.  That same encouragement is ours, too.  If God is asking you to respond to His call, you can be sure that He will not desert you as you move in obedience.  He will walk with you through whatever He calls you to do.  He will provide everything you need to accomplish His will.

When God calls, none of our excuses matter.  Trust Him, and walk the steps He lays before you.

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment