Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday Thought – November 21, 2016


Good Morning Friends,



“Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent.  It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men’s hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.”  (1 Corinthians 4:2-5)



I would not make a very good judge. I often attribute motives to what people do that really aren’t there. Sometimes I read into what they do in the most negative way possible. And at other times I read into what they do in the most positive way possible. I’m just not a very good judge. I can’t see into people’s hearts and minds. I don’t really know why they do the things they do.



I’m not even a very judge of myself. There are times that I am harder on myself than I should be. And there are other times when I let myself off the hook because I’m blind to what’s really going on in my heart.



I’m glad I don’t have to be the judge. That job is already filled. It’s filled by One who has a much clearer picture of what’s going in my heart and what’s going on in the hearts of others, too.



His, by Grace, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment