Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday Thought – June 21, 2016


Good Morning Friends,



“Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men. At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us.” (Titus 3:1-5)



I need to be reminded often that I’m not supposed to live the same way I used to live!



I used to live by trying to get everything I thought I deserved, my fair share of whatever was being passed out. I’m not to live that way anymore. God has already given me far more than I could ever deserve.



I used to be rebellious against authority. Sometimes, maybe even most of the time, it didn’t show. On the outside I did what I was supposed to do, but on the inside I was rebellious. I didn’t want anyone else to be in charge of me. I wanted to be in charge of me. I’m not to live that way anymore. I have found Someone I can trust and I have given my life to Him. He’s in charge now. Whoever He wants to put over me, in whatever way, He can do that.



I used to try to make myself look better and others look worse. I’d spout bad things about them and put them down. Slander and malice came frequently from my lips. I don’t have to be that way anymore. Someone loves me so much that He sacrificed more than is imaginable for me. How others look can’t ever change how much He loves me.



I am not the same as I used to be. There’s only one reason: He saved me. In kindness, He paid the price for me. In love, He saved me. I’ll never be the same again.



I often need to be reminded of that truth. I forget, and go back to some of the patterns of the past.



I need frequent reminders, don’t you?



His, by Grace, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment