Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday Thought -- December 11, 2013

Good Morning Friends,

“At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever. His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation. All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: ‘What have you done?’ At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.” (Daniel 4:34-37)

King Nebuchadnezzar learned a powerful lesson through his time of insanity. His insanity came as a discipline for his pride, so he learned that God is able to humble the proud.

What God caused to happen to Nebuchadnezzar seems horrible -- to wander like a wild animal, eating grass. But it was the best thing that ever happened to him! It resulted in him coming humbly to God in praise and worship.

God doesn’t bring down every proud person like He brought down this king. Certainly, not all insanity is the result of pride.

Most of the proud, it seems, are allowed to continue in their pride, ignoring God and believing that all they have they deserve. But there will come a day, perhaps on the other side of eternity, when all pride will be brought to its end. Better to learn that lesson in this life than to be taught it in eternity!

“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)

His, by Grace,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment