Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday Thought -- July 10, 2013

Good Morning Friends,

“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” (1 John 4:16-18)

I’m not afraid of my wife in any way. I can tell her any secret and know that she will not use it against me. I can trust her with any possession and know that she will not misuse it or deliberately damage it. I can allow her to touch me in any way she wants without any fear that she’ll hurt me.

I’m not afraid of her because I know she loves me and in that love, she would
never do anything to deliberately hurt me. Even those things she does to me that I don’t like -- like urging (nagging) me to go to the doctor when something is wrong -- she does because she loves me and has my best interest in mind.

God loves you more deeply than you can imagine. You can tell Him any secret and know He will not use it against you. You can trust Him with any possession, even your most valuable, and know that He will not misuse it or damage it -- you don’t even have to worry about Him doing damage unintentionally, because God always knows what He is doing and what its effect will be. You can allow Him access to any part of your life, touch you in any way He wants, and know He will not use that access to hurt you.

You don’t have to be afraid because He loves you and would never do anything to hurt you. Even those things that He does to you that you don’t like -- like the discipline you feel when you stray -- He does because He loves you and has your best interest in mind.

That’s what love is -- to always act in ways that are in the best interest of the one you love.

Are you afraid of God? You don’t need to be.

His, by Grace,


Steve 

No comments:

Post a Comment