Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday Thought -- May 7, 2013


Good Morning Friends,

“For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!” (Galatians 2:19-21)

First, and foremost, there is no hope of right relationship with God through law-keeping. As James said, “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.” (James 2:10) We certainly have been guilty of breaking at least one point of the law, so we are all guilty of it all! A right relationship with God through law-keeping is possible only by perfectly keeping the whole law, and no one, except Jesus, has done that, or ever will. We are all desperately in need of grace, and God has freely given it!

Second, a right relationship with God comes through being crucified with Christ. We don’t literally have to go to a cross, but what Christ did on the cross has to become ours. Our life must become His. Jesus said, “For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” (Matthew 16:25) Keep your life for yourself and ultimately you lose it. Give your life to Christ, and eternally you will find it!

Third, this new life in Christ is lived by faith, by trusting God. Trust is one of the most difficult things to do, yet it is what God wants as much as anything. To trust God is the primary way we show we love Him. To believe what He said and take Him at His word. For salvation, and for all of life.

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment