Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Thought -- April 27, 2012

Good Morning Friends,

“Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” (Matthew 18:19-20)

Does God seem to be far away from you?  He isn’t, and it doesn’t have to seem that way, either.  In promise after promise from the Bible, God offers to be near to us.

Paul made the following declaration when he preached to the people of Athens, “God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.” (Acts 17:27)  God is not far away from any of us, not even from those who do not yet know Him!  In fact, He is standing at the door knocking. (Revelation 3:20)

The promise of God is that if we will take a very small step toward Him, He’ll be there for us!  “Come near to God and he will come near to you.” (James 4:8)  He will not come uninvited, but He is waiting patiently and longingly for the invitation!

And then there is the promise of Jesus in Matthew 18.  There is a special presence of God when two or more of His followers are together, in agreement, gathered in the name of Jesus.  I know I’ve found that true in my own walk with God.  The times I’ve sensed His presence most clearly have been times when I have been with other believers, worshiping with them in one heart and mind.

None of us have to feel far away from God.  He’s right there, reach out to Him.

His, by Grace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment